As the weather around the country finally starts to warm up there are things we should expect to come along with the warm weather including pests. Pests will begin to emerge from their overwintering sites to find some food, water, and a warm place to stay. These things are easily found in your home. To avoid unwanted pests entering your home during the warmer season, experts from pest control heber encourage homeowners to prepare their homes. This includes spring cleaning of the home and a clean-up in the yard. Homeowners can prevent some pests like ants, termites, and ticks from taking refuge in and around the home. Add these tasks below that can help you prevent pests.
- Take time to inspects all around your yard and home. Look inside pipes, window seals, and utility pipes. Seal any small crack or crevices that can lead pests to enter your home.
- Keep an eye out for termite damage such as wood that can sound hollow and bubbling paint.
- Do proper landscape, such as keeping your grass cut short.
- Clean up the leaves and debris from gutters to prevent standing water. This can provide a perfect breeding ground for pests.
- Screen windows, opening to chimneys and attic vents. Also, repair any rips or tears.
- Direct water away from the house
- Keep firewood far away from the house
- Use rosemary or sage to prevent mosquitoes from ruining your summer
- Repair torn screen in your windows
- Use wire clothes in your garden to prevent pests from eating vegetables and fruits
- Plug holes with copper mesh
- Dispose of the garbage often far away from the house
- Keep the whole house clean and spotless
- Clean out the fridge
- Get rid of unwanted clutter
- Vacuum at least once or twice a week and clean out your vacuum after
- Keep food sealed and put away in a container
- Clean your pets bowl often
- Consult your pets vet about treatment for them to prevent fleas and ticks
- Regurly check under your sinks and repair any leaks that you have
- Use vinegar to prevent ants
- Leave onions around the house, spiders hate onions
- Prevent fruit flies with apple cider vinegar
Pests That Can Live Indoor and Outdoor
- Bed bugs
- Flies and fruit flies
- Fire ants
- Carpet beetles
Eliminating pests once they have already got comfortable in your home can be very tough. Once the pests are inside the house they can cause some serious damage to the home and your health. If an infestation has been found you should immediately contact pest control heber for professional help. A professional exterminator will be able to come and do a consultation about what is going on. Exterminators can also identify what kind of pests are in your home and can tell you what are the risks of them being in your home.